Tuesday, April 28, 2009

This is another image from my family album project. One of the responses I got was "oh, you used that Photoshop filter"....and I was like, damn it, no, I didn't but there is really no way to tell that these effects are done in camera. I am hoping that as I continue with the project the qualities will vary enough that they wont look "Photoshopy".

On another note, this is my mom and dad. It is the only image I have of them together. The photo itself has become an object that I cherish as it is a memory I do not have. I was really happy with the long exposer that made their faces unrecognizable because them together is a phantom of my imagination and past. I have no recollection of my parents being together and I love the way this image begins to illustrate that wishing to remember.

No comments: