Monday, February 28, 2011







One of the undeniable attractions of being a teacher is the amount vacation time you get. Not to sound like I dont love every minute in the classroom, but I need every minute out of it. We just had "winter brake", a random little week off in the middle of the dreary month of February. I thought I would take a true hiatus and head home to Vermont where I new my family would take care of me and require little of me. I slept, I exercised, I snowshoed and most importantly I made images.

The above images are quite. I made images without the confining label "a body of work"and am happy with the outcome. They still go together somehow. Simple, haiku like. I am committing to black and white for a while. I need to step out of my color comfort world and step into something slightly more experimental.

I am especially proud of the image of the hair. It is amazing how when making pictures of meaningful things they always just look better.

No comments: